Welcome!

My Photo
I'm a chubby chick who recently turned 40... and I'm tired of being fat and miserable! Come along and share my journey to lose 200 pounds and gain a healthier and happier me by simply taking it one day at a time and doing the best that I can each day!

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Day 5 - Week 1 Weigh-In

Photobucket
Today's weigh-in results...

Sunday: 375 lbs.
Today: 364.9 lbs.

Pounds Lost: 10.1

Yippee!

PS: I also want to share a comment that I left today on Gibbons-Camp's blog. I think I need to let it sink in as much as anyone does. And I know he would appreciate it if you'd all pop on over and cheer him on! :)

"Don't be discouraged! You are not alone! I started my blog in August at 368.4 pounds. The lowest I got was 342. I weighed myself last Sunday, and I was 375... which is 6.6 lbs. more than I weighed in August... and 33 more pounds than I was at my lowest! I weighed myself today, after being "on track" for 4 days, and I'm down to 364.9 pounds. That's 10.1 lbs. less than Sunday, and 3.5 lbs. less than when I started in August. (I hope I didn't bore you with these stats! lol)

Anyway, my point is... WE LOST WEIGHT THIS YEAR!!! That is good... no matter how you look at it! Sure, I wish I hadn't gained any weight back the past few weeks... but there's nothing I can do to change that. I can just move on from here and do the best that I can today... and tomorrow... etc.

You've lost A LOT of weight this year! Congrats on that! And I KNOW that you will continue to lose in 2008. So will I. We can do this! We WILL do this!


Keep the faith. Keep up the good work. Let's learn from "the struggles of 2007" and turn them into "the successes of 2008." We didn't quit. We didn't give up. And we're not going to. 2008 is going to be our year!"

19 comments:

Victoria's Place said...

Wow I think your journey is amazing and you are making incredible progress

I only hope to have that success someday

Continue on, you are doing fantastic!

I love your blog, you are an inspiration!

Goaledgirl said...

Congrats on the loss! That is aweseome news. The holidays are hard and sometimes we just have to take it day by day the best we can.

Merry Christmas!

Leslie said...

*C*O*N*G*R*A*T*U*L*A*T*I*O*N*S*!!!!
You go girl.... you're melting!

Carol said...

What a positive and successful attitude - you go girl!

honib1 said...

rockin' attitude chicky... !!! keep that up.. will check that other blog...
Be well..
Have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS
and Here is to a ROCKIN' NEW YEAR ~~ 2008 = HEALTHY WEIGHT ~~

Shannon said...

Thank you for sharing that comment, I think everyone can benifit from reading it!

Gibbons-Camp said...

Thank you for the kind words and all of the support!

2008, here we come :)

Princess Dieter said...

"Ain't no stopping us now...WE'RE ON THE MOVE!" I love that old disco song. :)

Congrats. I knew you'd have a great weigh-in because you've been eating on plan and all up with the motivation.

2008, the year we get in shape!

woohoo!!

The Princess

RunningNan said...

2008 will be the year for all of us! Keep up the awesome work!

Trisaratops said...

Wah-hoo!!!! Oh, I am so happy for you and to hear the joy in your voice. CONGRATULATIONS - I'm really excited for you. 10 pounds- wowza!

Sonja said...

YAY! Way to go!! I have to agree the fact that he/you lost weight is better than nothing at all. Tho I am just starting so I haven't lost anything yet....work in progress it seems. That was a great comment you left for him. I am gonna go pop on over to his blog as well. It is nice to see that there are others doing what I am about to do. I can use all the support and inspiration I can get. Good luck.

Scale Junkie said...

YAY!! You are doing a great job!!

Excellent post CC, I know its so frustrating to see the scale go up and down but you are RIGHT!! THE scale is down from last year and thats what we have to hold tightly to. We are making progress in the RIGHT direction.

You just keep hanging in there, we are going to kick some serious pounds out the door in 2008!!

HUGS!!
Diana

Sonya said...

I am soooo proud of you!!!!!

Congrats! What a awesome christmas gift you just gave yourself.

What great advice too!

Alyssa said...

I think you've changed more than you know! Your mindset is being reoriented, and that is the most crucial change of all. Congrats on getting back on track, and keep taking it one day at a time!

Minke said...

OMG what a great week! I know how hard it is at this time of year! You're doing great!

Moosegirl said...

Well done on the 10lbs loss that is utterly fanastic! ;) Happy Holidays to you…

Alison
x

Maddds said...

Your positive attitude will get you far, keep your goal in mind and focus on some small goals, you're going to do this!! Sorry I have been a little MIA lately and missed the post of my award!! Thank you very much, I'm honored and will pass the torch along!!

Maddds

Teena said...

I wish it was that easy to lose weight ... I gotta get a blow dryer!

You are such a positive influence on us all.

Heather said...

hooray!! that is amazing! great job, and isnt it funny how you write a comment to someone that ends up helping you at the same time :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails